Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Singapore Youth Award- some quoteshelloedithere

DREAM- "To dream is to live one's life bravely..." Kit Chan

COMPETITION-"Better to be 10th in a world-class fleet, than to be first in a mediocre fleet. Don't be afraid of competition. Welcome it, face it, enjoy it." Dr Benedict Tan Chi'-Loong, BBM, PBM

INSPIRE-"Make a difference and inspire yourself to improve the quality of life of everyone regardless of ability or disablility." The Aquatic Programmes for Disabled Individuals Unit.

PASSION-"The attributes which I would like to foster in myself is to have a balanced and optimistic outlook in life, to retain a childlike wonder and curiosity to the world around us, and to pursue any interest with passion and integrity." Dr Mansoor Bin Abdul Jalil

DO IT RIGHT-"I don't want any regret when I retire. Thus I shall treasure the present and just do it and do it right!" Dr Kenny Yap

CONFIDENCE-"You may not win with confidence alone, but without confidence, you will never win." The National Women's Table Tennis Team

AIM HIGH-"If you aim for the moon, even if you don't reach it, you might get near it and that is still something." Douglas Foo

UNLEASE POTENTIAL-"There is a giant inside me - I drown him with sorrowful tears over my disablility or unlease him to maximise my potential." Dr William Tan Kian Meng, PBM

Singapore Youth Award
The Highest Youth Award Accolade in Singapore
The Singapore Youth Award (SYA) confers national honour upon youths in Sinagpore who have significantly excelled in their field and contributed to the society, and those achievements serve to inspire others.

The Singapore Youth Award
National Youth Council
113 Somerset Road
National Youth Centre
Singapore 238168

*Note: I am an individual, not belonging to SYA, but is an active youth hoping other youths can be nominated and be good for the society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home